If you’re looking for a Nottingham web design service, you’re in luck. I build clients’ websites or perform maintenance on their existing one.
See my company website about Derby/Nottingham business website design. (Opens in new window)
What Clients Say
The following comments are from my local web design service “Ilkeston Web Design”, based in between Derby, Nottingham and Leicester.
Why Work with Me?
I am a freelance website designer, developer and consultant working with small/medium businesses. It might cost you much less than an agency would charge, firstly because they have overheads to cover.
Secondly, you’ll be dealing with me, and only me, which means a close working relationship and an understanding of your needs. There’s no diluted chain of communication or being passed to different account managers.
I have worked in retail, the ad services department of a regional newspaper and in a graphics and printing organisation. In 2006 I did a brief stint as a Google search engine results rater (actually very boring).
Wondering What to Expect? Imagine This…
- Guidance on researching your market, figuring out what your competitors are doing and advice on how you can beat them
- A recommended formula for making your website engaging, informative and content-rich
- How to create trust, set expectations and build a reputation you can be proud of
- A design that looks good and changes its layout for different devices, such as mobile, tablet, laptop etc
- Help in choosing, purchasing and setting up your new domain
- Help in choosing, purchasing and setting up the right type of web hosting
- Help with coming up with excellent, relevant quality content that makes people want to do business with you
- Me actually writing the content for you as a ghostwriter, based on notes and information you provide to me
- I will configure your Google Maps business listing so you can start appearing in search results and collecting reviews
- I will install Google Analytics and Google search console so you can see where your traffic comes from and how you’re being found
- Private, custom audio video tutorials recorded by me and sent to you if you’re stuck, struggling or needing help
Website Planning, Design and Build from £500
Beginning with an initial free consultation, I’ll quote you an estimated set price. Once we get into a deeper discussion I’ll give a more accurate cost, which could be more or less than the original estimate.
- The average cost of an informational business website is £500
- The average cost of an eCommerce website is £1000
- New logo design is £150
- After the website has been built, hourly time is £25
The following terms apply:
- A contract must be signed – it sets expectations, divides responsibilities, makes us both accountable keeps us on track in the agreed timeframe
- Before work commences I’ll send you an invoice for 40% of the quoted cost
- If major additional features or revisions are requested throughout the project, I’ll need to recalculate and requote you. Additional costs are added to the outstanding balance
What Type of Website Will I Build?
WordPress is my favourite platform. This is a content management system (CMS) and allows publishing, editing and modifications that make things easier in the future.
No doubt you will want to add more content to the site or have a designer change things around. WordPress makes this easier than most platforms.
I’ve come up with some pretty good reasons to avoid the likes of Wix but many people will go for this because they like the price. I would warn you of the false economy of cheap platforms and their limitations.
Mobile Friendly Design
A mobile optimised site displays differently across different devices, essentially giving you several different layouts in one website.
What you see on your desktop machine is different from the way you would view it on a mobile phone or tablet design. I’m glad to say that I create mobile websites as standard whether the client asks for it or not.
There’s really no reason to create fixed-width sites any longer; mobile design is now a standard feature.
These sessions are incredibly useful and very convenient. All you need is an internet connection and some sort of microphone. Most laptops have a built in mic.
Get Started with Your Website
I’m available to discuss how I could help you. We can talk over email, the phone, Skype or in person.
If you’re ready to get started with your enquiry contact me.