If you’re looking for a web design service, you’re in luck. I build clients’ websites or perform maintenance on their existing one.
See my company website about Derby/Nottingham business website design.
Why Work with Me?
I am a freelance website designer, developer and consultant working with small/medium businesses. It will cost much less than an agency would charge, firstly because they have overheads to cover.
Secondly, you’ll be dealing with me, and only me, which means we’ll have a close working relationship. There’s no diluted chain of communication. No being passed to different account managers.
Often, I’ll send private, tailored recorded video clips to truly demonstrate any difficult to explain concepts. It saves times writing long emails and gets to the point of any complex matter.
Ongoing Tutorials and Guidance
You can read my blog for an insight into the kinds of issues/problems I take an interest in.
I have opinions on instant website builders, hit counters, email pop-overs and do not approve of GoDaddy inserting ads for their services on customer websites.
In 2006 I did a brief stint as a Google search engine results rater (actually very boring) but which gave useful insights.
What Will I Do for You? Here’s a Sample…
- Guidance on researching your market, figuring out your competitors and how you can beat them
- A recommended formula for making your website engaging, informative and content-rich
- A design that looks good and changes its layout for different devices, such as a mobile, tablet, laptop etc
- Help in choosing, purchasing and setting up your new domain, hosting, email and security certificates
- Configuration of your Google Maps business listing so you can appear in search results and collect reviews
- Installation of Google Analytics and Google Search Console to see where your online traffic comes from
A mobile optimised site displays differently across different devices, essentially giving you several different layouts in one website.
What you see on your desktop machine is different from the way you would view it on a mobile phone or tablet design. I’m glad to say that I create mobile websites as standard whether the client asks for it or not.
There’s really no reason to create fixed-width sites any longer; multiple “viewports” as they are known, is a standard feature in today’s web design.
What Clients Say
Great advice, very thorough and very very helpful. Lovely guy who cannot do enough to help. Would definately recommend 🙂
A good service with a knowledgeable company. Very heplful in decision making and with guidance, all at a good price. Thank you from Heanor Chiropractic Clinic.
Having previously employed a large web design company that I had become disillusioned with, I searched locally and found Ilkeston Web Design. I spoke to Darren and quickly became impressed with his knowledge and passion for building good quality web sites. He explained various options and after agreeing on a plan for a mobile responsive site, he quickly got to work, keeping me informed every step of the way.
I'm really pleased with the finished result. I feel confident I will get great results from it. I would have no hesitation in engaging Ilkeston Web Design in the future and recommend Darren to anyone looking for an engaging, productive web site.
Extremely helpful with some excellent ideas. Darren's enthusiasm and knowledge made a difficult process of web design very easy. Also a very reasonably priced service. I cannot recommend him highly enough.
Simply brilliant. I had seen Darrens work previous to him doing my website and already knew how good he was but he continued to amaze me with the quality of the end product. He was allowed to add some of his own ideas to my website which he did and I feel he really understood what I wanted. Again I can't praise Darren enough and he's a real pleasure to work with.
Excellent web design company with a great knowledge of the requirements of small businesses. Always friendly and helpful.
Website Plan, Design and Build from £500
Beginning with an initial free consultation, I’ll quote you an estimated set price. Once we get into a deeper discussion I’ll give a more accurate cost, which could be more or less than the original estimate.
- The minimum cost of a simple informational business website is £500
- The minimum cost of an eCommerce website is £1000
- New logo design is £150
- After a website has been built, extra tasks are charged hourly at £25
The following terms apply:
- A contract must be signed – it sets expectations, divides responsibilities, creates accountability and keeps us on track in the agreed timeframe
- Before work commences I’ll send you an invoice for 40% of the quoted cost
- If major additional features or revisions are requested throughout the project, I’ll need to recalculate and requote you. Additional costs are added to the outstanding balance
Take the First Steps Towards Business Success
I’m available to discuss how I could help you. We can talk over email, the phone, Skype or in person.
If you’re ready to get started with your enquiry contact me.